VECTASTAIN® ABC Kits (HRP)
High-sensitivity avidin-biotin kits with peroxidase-based detection
Horseradish peroxidase (HRP) substrates produce sharp, dense precipitates with crisp localization. In conjunction with the high sensitivity and low background of VECTASTAIN ABC systems, HRP-based detection systems are a preferred choice for many applications, including immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunocytochemistry (ICC), protein and nucleic acid blot, in situ hybridization (ISH), and enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) detection.
- Horseradish peroxidase (HRP) enzyme detection system
- Avidin/biotin technology
- High sensitivity/low background
- Low cost
- Used as a second label in multiple antigen labeling applications
Choose from among three different kit formats:
- VECTASTAIN ELITE® ABC Kits — our most sensitive formulations, these kits offer a smaller and more uniform avidin-biotin complex for greater accessibility to biotinylated targets within tissue samples; kits are available in concentrated formats, or as prediluted, ready-to-use (R.T.U.) formulations
- VECTASTAIN Original ABC Kits — our original and most economical formulation, these kits offers good sensitivity with low background
- VECTASTAIN Universal Quick Kits — our most rapid protocol, these kits offer a proprietary peroxidase-streptavidin pre-formed complex for outstanding sensitivity with short incubation times; used to quickly detect primary antibodies made in mouse, rabbit, or goat, these kits are available in concentrated formats, or as prediluted, ready-to-use (R.T.U.) formulations
When using the VECTASTAIN Original or ELITE ABC Kits:
- To detect a biotinylated target, use the VECTASTAIN ABC Standard Kit with an appropriate substrate
- To detect an unlabeled primary antibody or lectin, use a biotinylated secondary antibody (binds the primary antibody species or lectin you have chosen), VECTASTAIN ABC reagent, and appropriate substrate (for example, to detect a rabbit primary antibody, choose the VECTASTAIN ABC Kit, Rabbit IgG).
Explore VECTASTAIN ABC Kits (HRP)
VECTASTAIN Original ABC HRP Kits are an economical choice for detecting moderate to highly expressed target antigens. These kits are supplied as concentrated solutions with a choice of species-specific or standard (Reagent A and B only) formats.
VECTASTAIN Elite ABC Kits are available in concentrated solutions or as prediluted, ready-to-use (R.T.U.) formulations, with choices of species-specific, universal (anti-mouse/rabbit IgG) or standard (Reagent A & B only) formats.
VECTASTAIN Universal Quick kits are used to quickly detect primary antibodies made in mouse, rabbit, or goat, and are available in concentrated formats, or as prediluted, ready-to-use (R.T.U.) formulations.
With more than 60,000 citations to its credit, the VECTASTAIN® ABC kit from Vector Laboratories remains widely popular. Based on the versatile biotin/avidin interaction, the system is modular, and along with our selection of secondary antibodies, can accommodate a wide array of primary antibody and tissue species. Our ABC kits are economical and continue to be a staple product in any immunohistochemistry laboratory. The VECTASTAIN® ABC systems are extremely sensitive due to the form and number of active enzyme molecules associated with the preformed Avidin/Biotinylated enzyme Complex. This complex takes advantage of two important properties of avidin: 1) an extraordinarily high affinity for biotin (over one million times higher than antibody for most antigens), and 2) four biotin-binding sites. These properties allow macromolecular complexes (ABC's) to be formed by mixing Avidin DH (Reagent A) with its paired biotinylated enzyme (Reagent B) prior to use. The ABC, once formed, remains stable for many hours after formation and can be used for several days after preparation.