Species on Species Detection
When your primary antibody is the same species as your specimen
When an unconjugated primary antibody is made in the same species as your tissue specimen, subsequent detection using a secondary antibody usually generates high background staining and interference due to the inability of the secondary antibody to distinguish between the primary antibody (immunoglobulin) and endogenous immunoglobulins. This high background obscures target antigen specific staining and often leads to false positive staining.
Vector Laboratories offers solutions for two often encountered species on species scenarios:
VECTOR Mouse on Mouse (M.O.M.) Kits
Our Mouse on Mouse Kits significantly reduce endogenous mouse Ig staining when applying mouse antibodies on mouse specimens (e.g. tissue sections and cell preparations).
Additionally, these kits:
- Contain proprietary M.O.M. Mouse IgG Blocking Reagent
- Employ either avidin-biotin or polymer technology
- Are compatible with fluorescent or enzyme-based detection
- Are available with or without enzyme or fluorochrome
The Vector Human on Human Immunodetection Kit
Our Human on Human Immunodetection Kit significantly reduces endogenous human Ig staining when applying human (or humanized) primary antibodies on human tissue sections.
Additionally, this kit:
- Is a comprehensive HRP (peroxidase) kit with volume matched reagents and ImmPACT DAB EqV substrate
- Does not require tedious antibody dilution calculations
- Enables staining results in about 90 mins following initial preparation
- Provides essentially background-free staining on frozen and paraffin-embedded human tissue sections
Explore Species on Species Detection
Mouse on Mouse (M.O.M.®) Kits are specifically designed for detecting and visualizing (unconjugated) mouse primary antibodies in mouse tissue specimens. These kits contain a proprietary reagent that blocks endogenous mouse Ig in specimens therefore preventing non-specific binding of subsequent anti-mouse IgG detection reagents.